iRecruit TXT is available now to all users who would enjoy the convenience of being able to start texting conversations with applicants through iRecruit.
Texting Best Practices
- Ask for permission – this is required.
- Candidate must opt-in to receive text messages.
- Always introduce yourself as a first step.
- Be professional (no abbreviations or emojis).
- Text within business hours only in your time zone.
- Don’t send rejections via text – continue to use email for rejection notices.
The Benefits of Using Texting
- 98% of recipients open texts versus 20% who open emails.
- iRecruit TXT is opt-in with a verified cell phone number, so you’re much more likely to get a response as well as increase your open rate.
- Communicate with people who prefer texting over email.
- Easier for a candidate to discretely reply via text than to call phone.
- Create a record of the communication for compliance.
- Reply from your phone or from iRecruit.
- Efficiently communicate with candidates.
- Ask a question about their experience.
- Ask about their availability.
- Schedule or confirm an interview.
- Send directions.
- Request documents.
- Request copies of licenses etc.
- You can create templates for frequently used messages.
- Your personal (or work) cell phone number is never exposed to the applicant.
iRecruit is a cloud-based recruiting and applicant tracking and electronic onboarding software designed to provide any size of business a cost effective, affordable and truly simple way to manage the recruiting and onboarding process online. With options for Express, Professional and Enterprise, you can find a flexible recruiting solution.