A recent blog post from SHRM shares 10 Virtual Onboarding Tips For Remote Employees. With so many people now working from home, and being hired for work at home positions, onboarding procedures have had to adjust to this new normal. SHRM recommends creating checklists, making sure the new hire has a company mentor, and also using Video to introduce your company’s procedures.
There is something very welcoming about watching and listening to another colleague perform a task and it’s a great way to both onboard and train new hires. Bonus points if you use multiple employees to record videos in order to introduce more of your company! – Quincy Smith, ESL Authority
At iRecruit, we love this approach. It’s also very easy for iRecruit customers to implement video at various stages:
- Add to company page
- Add to job post or video job description
- Add to “thank you” screen
- Add to menu in applicant portal “about us”
- Add to iConnect (onboarding) as a to-do (view) for the new hire
iRecruit customers have used video for new hires for training purposes, and for welcoming new hires.
How to Add Video to iConnect
Administrator level users can add video to iConnect at any time following these steps:
- From the iConnect menu, select “Specification Forms” and “Add HTML Page.”
- Give your video page a title such as “Welcome to Our Company.”
- Click on the source <> icon on the text editor.
- Paste the embed code from You Tube or Vimeo.
- Click on OK to close the window.
- Click on the update button to save your new page.
Your video will be presented to the candidate/new hire when you change the status to “Hired” or “Forms Assigned”.
iRecruit is a cloud-based recruiting and applicant tracking and electronic onboarding software designed to provide any size of business a cost effective, affordable and truly simple way to manage the recruiting and onboarding process online. With options for Express, Professional and Enterprise, you can find a flexible recruiting solution.