iRecruit gives you many ways to customize an application for employment, from selecting and editing questions as you build your application. It can be configured to meet your needs. As applicants and candidates flow in, you may find that not all of the applicants meet the needs and requirements specified for a role.
iRecruit’s Prescreening, or Knock Out questions can be added to any active position listed to help you receive more qualified candidates.
The Knock Out questions are formatted simply with Yes or No responses. You can set the question and the desired response. The applicant, when answering these questions incorrectly will receive a “Thanks, but No Thanks” message on the screen that you can also customize. Correct responses will take the applicant to the employment application.
iRecruit’s Recommendations for using Knock Out Questions on an employment application
- They may not be necessary for every position that is posted.
- If you have certain requirements, such as an employee must be 21 years or older to work for your organization, this is an ideal knock-out question.
- If you require a driver’s license or other licensed credential, such as an RN in a specific state, that would also be a good Knock Out question.
- You are seeking employees with a specific degree or years of experience.
- You can add as many Knock Out questions as you would like, but our recommendation is to keep it to 10 or less questions to prevent applicant frustration.
When Not to Use Knock Out Questions
- When you want to receive all applicants, no matter their response to your screening questions. You can still add the questions via the employment application instead.
- When you are not receiving enough applicants for a position.
- You already have the same, or similar questions on your employment application.
Example Knock Out Questions
- Do you have a driver’s license in the state of New York? Yes/No
- Are you at least 18 years of age? Yes/No
- If hired, do you have the right to work in the United States? Yes/No
- Do you have a current RN license in the state of California? Yes/No
If you have questions about your online employment application, or using prescreening or Knock Out questions, please contact us here. We welcome all questions whether you are a current iRecruit customer, or just have a question.
Want to learn more?
iRecruit is a cloud-based Applicant Tracking Software (ATS), that includes Electronic Onboarding. We do demos every day, or call 800-517-9099 or click here to ask a question.