It’s that time of year again! At the end of each year it is recommended that you tidy up your candidate, and requisition data to get ready for the new year. Having worked with thousands of administrators, recruiters and hiring managers for years, we have put together a simple list of suggested to-dos to get you ready for 2021!
ATS Data Clean Up Tasks
- Review your applicants by status for candidates that have not yet been reviewed, and move to a Not Selected Status if they are older than six-eight weeks.
- Email the candidates with a Not Selected email, it’s good practice, and is a way to keep in touch.
- Review any users who no longer need access, and update your list of active users and contacts.
- Note, don’t delete old users, to preserve their history, change them to an “inactive” status instead.
- Remove any expired job listings from your career site. Move Active jobs to inactive, and assign a Closed Status.
- Create any reports you need to save.
- Download any candidate data you need to store offline for your HR records.
- Review your email templates to make sure they are current, don’t include the names or contact details of any former employees.
Your iRecruit career page may need to be updated.
- Review career page for any outdated content, old awards, images that include employees who are no longer with you.
- Add new video or images.
- Review to make sure your design/layout works on mobile. If it does not, contact us immediately to fix.
- Review the introduction to your company, benefits etc to see if it can be updated.
- If your page contains links, check the links to make sure they are still working.
Plan Ahead for 2021!
Early January is when many candidates decide to look for a new job, often as part of a New Year’s Resolution, 2021 is no different, especially with so many job losses this year.
- Communicate with your departments, are there any known changes coming up such as retirements or promotions? Are there roles that need to be filled?
- Look at your average turnover to anticipate changes.
- Plan your recruiting marketing budget for the upcoming year.
- Where will you spend the most? Job Boards, Social Media, Print Media advertising?
- Schedule jobs or get them approved to post early in January for maximum exposure, especially if you have planned time off.
Schedule your social media advertising for jobs in advance. Tools like Hootsuite are helpful with scheduling, and have both free and paid options available.
- Schedule an email blast to existing candidates to let them know you are looking for new hires, and which jobs are available (see help file for example marketing email templates).
- Add any important dates or reminders for 2021 to your iRecruit and Outlook calendars.
- Schedule any training you need for iRecruit in 2021.
Join us for a new webinar: Shoring Up Recruitment Strategy During and Beyond COVID-19 on January 21st.
If you need any assistance, please contact us here or call 800-517-9099.