Texting is a convenient and easy way to reach someone, and is available to all iRecruit users who would like to incorporate texting into their recruiting tools. iRecruit TXT allows users to initiate conversations with applicants directly from the applicant’s profile page. iRecruit users can have a faster time to fill by using texting.
Texting Best Practices
- Ask for permission – this is required in order to prevent spam. Another major benefit of this opt-in requirement, is that we can verify the applicant’s cell phone number, which increases the likelihood of your messages being seen and responded to.
- Candidate must opt-in via the application form to receive text messages. This is a simple yes/no question “May we have permission to text your cell phone number?“
- Always introduce yourself as a first step. Remember the candidate has not heard from your number before, so a quick “Hello, this is Fiona from Company Name” is a good way to start the conversation.
- Be professional (no abbreviations or emojis) unless your company is known for its extensive use of social media, or are in a creative industry.
- Text within business hours only in your time zone. For your own peace of mind, and to set expectations. You don’t have to be available 24/7.
- Don’t send rejections via text – continue to use email for rejection notices.
Customers can setup a two-week free trial at any time. Head to Administration > I Want iRecruit TXT to make your request, or contact us below.
Not a customer? Set up a 15 minute overview below and we will give you a live walk through of how to use iRecruit TXT.
iRecruit is a cloud-based recruiting and applicant tracking and electronic onboarding software designed to provide any size of business a cost effective, affordable and truly simple way to manage the recruiting and onboarding process online. With options for Express, Professional and Enterprise, you can find a flexible recruiting solution that meets your needs.