iRecruit has recently updated it’s integration to post to social media accounts for Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin. The update allows you to add both a short social media friendly description, and an image to the post.
Posting your available jobs on your social media accounts can help:
- Increase your advertising reach at a low (or no) cost
- Reach and engage passive candidates
- Create branded content across social platforms that engages potential candidates
- Engage in conversation and connect with potential candidates
So, when is the best time for your to post jobs to social media accounts? Sprout Social has done the extensive research, and developed the following charts (view even more on their website).
- Best times to post on social media overall: Tuesdays through Thursdays at 9 a.m. or 10 a.m.
- Best days to post on social media: Tuesdays through Thursdays
We also recommend experimenting with different posting times and analyze engagement metrics to determine the optimal posting schedule for your job postings.
Best time to Post Jobs on LinkedIn
As you can see on the chart above, the most engagement on LinkedIn occurs between 9am and 2pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays. Per Sprout Social, LinkedIn engagement times continue to be consistent to the US workweek:
- Best times to post on LinkedIn: Tuesdays 10 a.m. to noon
- Best days to post on LinkedIn: Wednesdays and Thursdays
- Worst days to post on LinkedIn: Saturdays and Sundays
Best time to Post Jobs on Twitter
As you can see on the chart above, the most engagement on Twitter occurs Monday to Saturday at 9:00am. Sprout Social reported this reflects a change to people checking for breaking news and updates mid-mornings and middays throughout the week.
- Best times to post on Twitter: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 9 a.m.
- Best days to post on Twitter: Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- Worst days to post on Twitter: Sundays
Best time to Post Jobs on Facebook
According to Sprout Social Facebook continues to be the most used platform by marketers worldwide but we’ve seen an interesting shift in when there’s the most engagement in 2022.
- Best times to post on Facebook: Mondays through Fridays at 3 a.m., Tuesdays at 10 a.m. and noon
- Best days to post on Facebook: Tuesdays through Fridays
- Worst days to post on Facebook: Saturdays
Instagram/Instagram Reels Although iRecruit does not offer a direct connection to Instagram, this popular platform is a great way to connect to an audience of like-minded people. It’s recommended that if you post Instagram reels you do it in the evening to get the attention of late-night scrollers.
YouTube, Snap or TikTok Although iRecruit does not offer a direct connection to YouTube, Snap or TikTok you can get creative with these platforms by posting short videos that you can share to publicize your available jobs. A Day in the Life, Look at our Offices (or Work from Home offices). You may embed a video from Snap, TikTok or YouTube as part of your job posting or career page. Search on the hashtags #jobs #hiring for inspiration.
Sprout Social has done the research on the best times to post to social media view more on their website.
How to Schedule Your Social Media Posts
Some social platforms have a built-in option that allows you to schedule your posts in advance (Twitter on Tweetdeck, Facebook has Meta Business Suite included) most do not, so you need to use a scheduling tool.
Later, Sprout Social and Hootsuite offer multiple integrations, analytics and pricing options.
How Often to Post
Schedule your posts at different times throughout the week to reach a wider audience.
iRecruit is a cloud-based recruiting and applicant tracking and remote onboarding software designed to provide any size of business a cost effective, affordable and truly simple way to manage the recruiting and onboarding process online. With options for Express, Professional and Enterprise, you can find a flexible recruiting solution that meets your needs.
Want to Learn More? Join Us for a Demo of iRecruit:
Keep in touch with iRecruit on your favorite social media channels.
We’ll bring you the latest and greatest recruiting stories and news from around the web, and important iRecruit news and notes on our LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram.