So, you’ve been using your applicant tracking system for a little while now and are probably quite comfortable. If you haven’t attended any of our free training sessions since you started you might not be aware of some of these time-saving and useful iRecruit features:
- Automatically forward applicants to yourself or a manager. Set up via Administration “Auto Forward List.” Then assign managers via the Edit Requisition page.
- Increase your market reach by sponsoring a job with Indeed.com. Starts at just $100 per post. Set up via the Edit Requisition Page.Sponsored jobs appear at the top of the search results.
- Save searches with keywords that you use frequently. Simply add a name to the ” Name This Search” box and click on Save and Search. Bonus tip: Extend the saved date range to 12/31/2020, so that you never have to update it when you search.
- Track the referring source of the application. Most applications ask the question “how did you hear about the position?” and you can track that easily with iRecruit Reports. However, if you post the job to an external website, you might want to make sure you’re still tracking it accurately. On the Share Menu (under Edit Requisition), select Publish Requisition to obtain the URL. Change source=XML to the name of the website you are posting the job. E.G. source=Craigslist so that you can track the source in an iRecruit report.
- Can’t stand that long URL generated by the job listing? Create a tiny url (perfect for Twitter posting) by using a service like www.TinyURL.com. You can customize the address, and it never expires.
- Track your hits & statistics by adding Google Analytics to your iRecruit page. Get information like how many visitors the site had, how many were new, or returning. How long each person stayed on your site, where they came from. If they searched, what keywords they used to find the site or job listing.
- Add PreScreening Questions to your requisition. This can help eliminate applications from people who do not meet your minimum requirements for a position.
- Get Social: Reach out to your contacts to promote your job listings on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter and encourage your contacts to share, share, share!
- Send batch emails to applicants. Do this whenever you close a position to let applicants know the status of the job.
- Attend Free training once a month to learn what’s new or ask any questions you might have. iRecruit provides free training on the last Friday of every month (click here to sign up). If that does not work for your schedule please let us know. Training is always free!
iRecruit is a cloud-based recruiting and applicant tracking software application that allows you to track and report on all of your job applicants and positions. Find out more and take a quick screenshot tour on our website at http://www.irecruit-software.com/ or join a demo on Tuesdays or Thursdays at 2pm. Call iRecruit at 1-800-517-9099 if you have any questions.