Getting ready to ramp up your hiring again? At iRecruit, applicant tracking and electronic onboarding software, during demos we’re often asked questions related to candidate attraction and engagement. So we put together this helpful list:
- Start marketing jobs on social media. This is something the company on the demo did not do currently. Post regularly, whether about their latest product offerings, company news, and of course, job openings. Another step was to ask their employees to share any job opening posts with the people they were connected to.
- Update the career page for better Search Engine Optimization. Refresh the page with some new content, including updating their benefits, images of the company “at work.” Adding the “follow us on LinkedIn” badge to this page as well.
- Also – Make sure your Career page is mobile ready!
- Providing an Alternative to Apply Now. When it comes to candidates, they may be interested, but not necessarily ready to jump. The alternative call to action provides a way for candidate to stay in touch, stay aware of you, and be informed when you do have the right openings.
- Going Old School. The company on this demo is located in a high-traffic area, both foot and vehicular traffic. We recommended adding a “Now Hiring” sign that displayed their website address on their grounds that passersby would be able to see.
- Using the contacts they have! This company was very lucky in that they had 70,000 contacts, the contact information from people who had applied in the last six years. We recommended doing occasional blasts to these older candidates to determine interest and raise awareness of their open roles.
- Add Texting into the mix! iRecruit lets you text candidates individually – or in bulk! It’s a convenient and fast way to keep in touch with candidates.
A combination of the above, plus continuing to post your active roles on your ATS can help you attract both passive and active candidates to your company. iRecruit helps by providing a way to manage your job posts and applicants in one centralized database. Post your jobs – free – or sponsor to ZipRecruiter, Indeed and Monster as well as your own custom career page.
With options for Express, Professional and Enterprise, you can find a flexible recruiting and onboarding solution that works for your budget, and meets your needs.